Thursday, September 8, 2011

It all started when...

I decided that I wanted new bedroom furniture. There was a little problem though- I was recently laid off from my job and really enjoying my new gig as stay at home mom. This meant that our disposable income was, well, very little. I decided that the next best thing would be to refinish our furniture and spruce up our room with some new paint. I took our furniture and stained it with Minwax's Classic Black in a satin finish. I also took an old piece of furniture and stained it, added a new top and made it into the little "desk" I am typing this blog on right now. I really enjoyed taking something old, and somewhat ugly and making into something new again.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago and I got the itch for new furniture again. Still unemployed I decided the next best thing would be to peruse craigslist ads and find something old to make new again. I stumbled upon a beautiful (well, if you could see its potential) solid oak table that was a steal. Mind you, I bought it for my next home as the one we are living in right now does not have a formal dining room, and I want to move sooner than later... I am a big believer in "thoughts turn into things" so I am going with it. We WILL be moving into a new home very soon :-). Anyhow, I digress.
I decided that I would buy it and re-stain it as I had done my bedroom furniture. As I looked around the internet I stubled upon a few Facebook pages and blogs seen here, here and here that inspired me to try something a little different with the table, and born was my idea to paint it. 

Here she is before:

And here she is after:

I know that this picture really doesn't do the table any justice, but I will have to take some more once I find a place better suited for staging it.

Since I have done this table I have had 3 people ask me to make over a piece of furniture for them and I am excited to do these pieces. I am currently working on a daybed for my niece, and I am looking for dressers to make over for two of my friends. I am thrilled that I have the opportunity to help create something beautiful for someone else. I am excited to see where this little hobby of mine will take me.

I have since found a different table that I want for the dining room in my next home so I am going to sell the black table above- if you're interested, just leave me a comment below. I love it and I hope that someone else will love it as much as I do and want to buy it.

Here is the new table I have yet to start on:

And once she is done she should look something like this:

This table was done by European Paint Finishes
 Or
This table was done by Simple Matters

So, here goes nothing with this little something I am going to call Twice Treasured. Thank you for stopping by... I hope you come back soon. Oh, and tell your friends!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment